AMI2017 Call for Submissions
Call for Submissions
Details for submitting your work to AMI 2017 - July 23-26, 2017 in Austin, Texas
Submission Open: 3rd November 2016
Submission Deadline: 5th December 2016
Notification of Acceptance: 16th January 2017
- 20-minute consecutive talks
- NEW! 5-minute consecutive "Lightning" talks: This new and shorter 5-minute presentation format encourages submission of presentations of work that can be delivered in a short and concise format. As a new format for the AMI, we will be piloting this type of format for one session at the 2017 meeting, provided there is enough interest among presenters.
Sessions (20-minute consecutive talks or 5-minute consecutive "Lightning" talks) will be the primary forum for sharing experiences and expertise. The AMI's aim is to incorporate established methods with new techniques, offer novel applications of existing techniques, and engage case-based stories of interest to seasoned practitioners and students alike.
- Artistic Techniques: Digital and traditional approaches to visual communications
- Biomedical/Scientific: Exploration of biomedical sciences for visual communications
- Technology in Biomedical Sciences: Technological innovations in science and medicine
- Business: Leadership, contemporary and emerging business practices, legal subjects, policies, and marketing
All submissions for AMI 2017 Workshops, Presentations and Sessions must contain the following for consideration:
- Submission Type and Title (Workshops, 60 minute Presentation, 20 minute Session, or 5 minute Session)
- Presenter Information (name, organization, mailing address, phone number, email address, short bio, and head-shot)
- A brief and well-written description of your topic or talk
- Minimum of 2 well-defined learning objectives (attendee's learning outcome)
- Indicate the General Program area (listed above).
- List of confirmed panelists - name, organization, and email for each (Panel Submissions Only)
- *Workshop submissions should also include:
o List of technology requirements (software and hardware)
o List of other supplies needed (ie: canvases, clay, etc)
Submission acceptance and scheduling/planning information or rejection notices will be sent via e-mail to all submitters on Monday, January 16, 2017.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your preliminary ideas, please contact the 2017 Program Co-Chairs: