AMI2015 Call for Submissions
Call for Submissions
Details for submitting your work to AMI 2015 - July 22-25, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio
Submission Open: 16th October 2014
Submission Deadline EXTENDED: 12th December 2014
Notification of Acceptance: 14th January, 2015
The Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) is searching for exceptional and compelling presenters to engage in the AMI 2015 Annual Conference. We are inviting enthused 20 to 60 minute talks from accomplished persons for individual or panel discussions aimed to promote the personal and professional growth of attendees. Proposals are also sought for interactive workshops that demonstrate innovative techniques.
Workshops, Plenary, and Concurrent talks
Workshops objectives should offer a valuable resource for scientific or medical knowledge and/or a technical artistic aspect of an AMI discipline. Submissions can introduce attendees to fundamental issues, provide background material for more focused subjects, or present innovative concepts in a specific discipline.
A Workshop may be either: a half-day (4 hours) or a full-day (8 hours).
You may submit multiple course proposals regarding the same topic (for example, a fundamentals course and a follow-up advanced course). Multiple same-topic courses must identify the distinction between each topic with clearly stated learning objectives.
Plenary and Concurrent presentations (60 minute) and Session (20 minute consecutive talks) will be the primary forum for sharing experiences and expertise. The AMI's aim is to incorporate established methods with new techniques, offer novel applications of existing techniques, and engage case-based stories of interest to seasoned practitioners and students alike.
The essence of this search is to provide a forum for interactive discussion, respectful controversy and audience interaction amongst presenters who are leading experts, entrepreneurs, and innovators in their field. Plenary sessions provide attendees the opportunity to learn from presenters as they share areas of expertise such as artistic techniques, biomedical and scientific visualization, technology as it relates to biomedical sciences, and current business practices.
General Program Areas for Submission
AMI 2015 invites Workshops, Presentations and Talks engaging in, but not limited to:
- Artistic Techniques: Digital and traditional approaches to visual communications
- Biomedical/Scientific: Exploration of complex biomedical sciences for visual communications
- Technology in Biomedical Sciences: Technological innovations in science and medicine
- Business: Current practices in industry, legal issues, policies and marketing
Submissions Requirements & Timeline
All submissions for AMI 2015 Workshops, Presentations and Talks must contain the following for consideration:
- -Submission Type and Title (Workshops, Presentation and/or Talk)
- -Presenter Information (name, organization, mailing address, phone number, and email address)
- -A brief and well-written description of your topic or talk
- -Minimum of 2 well-defined learning objectives (attendee's learning outcome)
- -Indicate the General Program area (listed above).
- -List of confirmed panelists - name, organization, and email for each (Panel Submissions Only)
- -List of technology requirements (Workshop Submissions Only)
Submission acceptance and scheduling/planning information or rejection notices will be sent via e-mail to all submitters on Wednesday, January 14, 2015.
AMI │ 2015 Program Committee