Call for Papers 2013
Association of Medical Illustrators 68th Annual Conference
Salt Lake City, Utah
July 17-20, 2012
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2012
The Program Committee of the Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) invites potential presenters to submit abstracts for our next annual meeting, which will be held in Salt Lake City from July 17-20, 2013.
Topic Areas for Submission
The conference will offer workshops and sessions in its general program in four areas:
- Medical, Biomedical and Scientific Visualization
- current major projects, innovative techniques, etc.
- innovations in medicine, science, technology applications, etc.
- current effective practices relating to the business of medical illustration, legal issues, marketing concepts, and strategic planning.
- digital techniques, current software, traditional techniques, etc.
After the success of the themed days at the 2012 meeting, in addition to the general program we will offer a subsection of three themed program sessions, one on each day of the conference:
- Professionalism and Business Development
- Biomedical Sciences
- Mobile Media
Proposals for presentations that fall under one of these three themes are especially encouraged.
Professionals and students are encouraged to submit abstracts for proposed presentations or workshops for either the general program or the themed sessions mentioned above. Presentation abstracts will be considered for individual plenary or concurrent sessions, or may be included as a component of a panel discussion. Training abstracts will be considered for full-day or half-day workshops. Proposals for relevant presentations outside the topics listed above will also be considered.
Submitted abstracts for AMI-Salt Lake City presentations and workshops should contain the following:
- Title of presentation
- Presenter information (name, title, organization, short bio, complete mailing address, phone number, and email address)
- Topic area (from list above)
- Brief description of the presentation's content (up to 200 words)
- Educational goals or objectives of the presentation, with a brief description of how these will be achieved, i.e., lecture, demonstration, handouts, support materials, small group discussion, etc. (for CEUs)
- Presenters will be contacted and advised if their proposals are approved for the presentation specified. Because of the limited number of available concurrent sessions, presenter applicants are encouraged to prepare thorough proposals.
- If selected for either a program session or workshop, the presenter will be required to provide a photo/portrait (300 dpi suitable for print) by January 15, 2013.
- AMI headquarters will provide speaker contracts and coordinate the final A/V requirements for support in the Spring of 2013.