Call for Papers AMI 2011Association of Medical Illustrators 66th Annual Conference
July 20-23, 2011
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2010
The Program Committee of the Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) invites potential presenters to submit abstracts for our next annual meeting, which will be held in Baltimore from July 20-23, 2011.
Topic Areas for Submission
The conference will offer workshops and program sessions in four areas:
- Medical, Biomedical and Scientific Visualization
-- current major projects, innovative techniques, etc.
- Biomedical Science and Technology
-- innovations in medicine, science, technology applications, etc.
- Business Practices
-- current effective practices relating to the business of medical illustration, legal issues, marketing concepts, and strategic planning.
- General Artistic Techniques
-- digital techniques, current software, traditional techniques, etc.
Professionals and students are encouraged to submit abstracts for proposed presentations for either the general program sessions or workshops in the areas mentioned above. Presentation abstracts will be considered for individual plenary or concurrent sessions, or may be included as a component of a panel discussion. Training abstracts will be considered for full-day or half-day workshops. Proposals for relevant presentations other than those listed above are also invited.
Submitted abstracts for AMI-Baltimore presentations and workshops should contain the following:
- Title of presentation
- Presenter information (name, title, organization, short bio, complete mailing address, phone number, and email address)
- Topic area (from list above)
- Brief description of the presentation's content (up to 200 words)
- Educational goals or objectives of the presentation, with a brief description of how these will be achieved, i.e., lecture, demonstration, handouts, support materials, small group discussion, etc. (for CEUs)
- Presenters will be contacted and advised if their proposals were approved for the presentation specified. Because of the limited number of available concurrent sessions, presenter applicants are encouraged to prepare thorough proposals.
- If selected for either a program session or workshop, the presenter will be required to provide a photo/portrait (300 dpi suitable for print) by January 15, 2011.
- AMI headquarters will provide speaker contracts and coordinate the final A/V requirements for support in the Spring of 2011.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your preliminary ideas, please contact Cory Sandone or Anne Altemus, Program Co-Chairs.