Call for Papers AMI 2010 Meeting: Portland, Oregon
With the excitement of the Richmond meeting just behind us, The 2010 Program Committee is eagerly seeking inputdo you have a good idea to share, topic to explore, or technique to demonstrate?
We are seeking your proposal for a concurrent, plenary, a workshop or a techniques showcase presentationwhether it is yourself, a team, or an interesting outside speaker you know, anything which would spark the interest of the membership. (Also, we are seeking any corporate sponsorship ideas you might have.) Portland promises to be a very exciting meeting, in a beautiful placebe a part of it by contributing to the program!
Association of Medical Illustrators 65th Annual Conference
Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
July 28-31, 2010
Call for Papers AMI 2010 Submission
Deadline: December 14, 2009
The Program Committee of the Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) invites potential presenters to submit abstracts for our next annual meeting, which will be held in Portland at Portland State University from July 28-31, 2010.
Topic Areas for SubmissionThe conference will offer workshops and program sessions in four areas:
- Medical, Biomedical and Scientific Visualization
current major projects, innovative techniques, etc.
Biomedical Science and Technology
innovations in medicine, science, technology applications, etc.
- Business Practices
current effective practices relating to the business of medical illustration, legal issues, marketing concepts, and strategic planning.
- General Artistic Techniques
digital techniques, current software, traditional techniques, etc.
Professionals and students are encouraged to submit abstracts for proposed presentations for either the general program sessions or workshops in the areas mentioned above. Presentation abstracts will be considered for individual plenary or concurrent sessions, or may be included as a component of a panel discussion. Training abstracts will be considered for full-day or half-day workshops. Proposals for relevant presentations other than those listed above are also invited.
Submitted abstracts for AMI-Portland presentations and workshops should contain the following:
- The presentations title
- Presenter information (name, title, organization, short bio, complete mailing address, phone number, and email address) Indicate the topic area (from list above)
- Brief description of the presentations content (up to 200 words)
- Educational goals or objectives of the presentation, with a brief description of how these will be achieved, i.e., lecture, demonstration, handouts, support materials, small group discussion, etc.
- Presenters will be contacted and advised if their proposals were approved for the presentation specified. Due to the limited number of available concurrent sessions, presenter applicants are encouraged to prepare thorough proposals.
- If selected for either a program session or workshop, the presenter will be required to provide a photo/portrait (300 dpi suitable for print) by January 15, 2010.
- AMI headquarters will provide speaker contracts and coordinate the final A/V requirements for support in the Spring of 2010.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your preliminary ideas, please contact Lynn Kitagawa or Christine Gralapp, Program Chair and Meeting Coordinator, respectively at: