As of May 2016, the Archives of the AMI is housed at the College of Applied Health Sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Prior to this, the archives were maintained at the Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives of the Wake Forest School of Medicine. The collection represents the history of the Association gathered since its organization in 1945.
The collection includes:
- List of officers and committee chairs
- Minutes of board meetings
- Committee reports
- Correspondence of historical significance
- Financial reports
- Information about annual meetings
- Applications for membership
- Group photographs of members
- Candid photographs of meeting activities
- Slides of entries in recent annual salon exhibits
- Small amount of original medical art
AMI archival materials were transferred to UIC in May of 2016. Prior to this, they were housed at the Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives of the Wake Forest School of Medicine (February 1995 - May 2016). A professional archivist manages the continued collection and maintenance of archival materials, exhibits, oral histories, and attendance at annual meetings.
Assistant Special Collections & Access to Resources Librarian